Thursday, February 26, 2009

Baubles!

First, take a look at the popularity of a finch feeder during a winter storm! Aren't they sweet? Plus, I got one in flight!



This is the piece that Norma suggest that I add embellishments too...it's 12" x 12".



This is the bead work I put on this afternoon.

I even put a chain link in his mouth with a little key charm at the end. He seems to like it!

I put some "detail" on the sun in the corner, just by adding a row of beads, and some rays.

I had some little metal feathers from when I did jewelry. It seemed to fit.

This is after I added three little circular mirrors. I think you can make them out...

Now I am trying to make a decision! You can see some red beads here, at the bottom of the piece. They are just laying there. I'm trying to decide if I want to put them on or not. I may have to print the picture and think about it a bit. I don't know that it needs it...maybe some smaller beads along the binding..not sure. What do you guys think? Any ideas? Or leave it?

Up next?

This is the next piece I will be adding embellishments to. It should prove interesting, as it's stretched onto a canvas frame already!

No comments: