Friday, December 05, 2008

Today Is the Day!

My first art opening/sale is this weekend and we open at 5pm tonight!

If there are any locals that want to come here is the info:

1620 Central Ave NE #144
Minneapolis, MN 55413

Friday: 5-11pm
Saturday: 11am - 9pm
Sunday: 11am - 4pm

This is me after cleaning the studio wearing an AWESOME handmade hat from Mickey Depre! Thank you Mickey - it fits perfect and I feel cute in it!




I also turned in my Ikea piece yesterday - here is a sneak peak - it's rolled up and ready to go in this picture. I will show the full pictures after the even in March - I am not sure what Ikea's policy is on publishing images of it before they do their advertising and event. But this gives you a little idea anyway.




I agreed to be the program chair for my guild for 2009, and had my first board meeting last night - what awesome ladies! Of course I am scared stiff of doing the job! We are a contemporary quilt guild, so there's a variety of types of programs I could bring in that would work with our group - do you think you're one of them? Hehe, send me a message if you think you are!

I am excited about my sale this weekend and nervous! I still have to really go over the pricing for the pieces, this is the hardest part for me. I don't want to undercharge myself, nor do I want to overcharge and look pretentious!

My biggest fear: Someone saying something rude or mean about my work in front of me. (We all know there are people out there tactless enough to do so!)

Off to get ready to head out! It's going to be a long weekend!

1 comment:

Mickey Depre said...

Awww Steph...you do look cute! And from what I can see the IKEA piece looks great. Good luck this weekend... your in my thoughts!
Mickey