Friday, November 07, 2008

Merry Christmas?!?

First of all, let's give a moment in thankfulness to dentists! Seriously! Tuesday night, I had been to sleep for a grand total of a half hour, when I woke with horrible pain in my right sinus. This was the start of a very long night, filled with more Advil than one should give an elephant most likely. I managed a few hours sleep after around 6:30am before it started up again.

Wednesday, I went to the Dr to have it checked out, he couldn't tell what it was. But said that since I'd had red wine the night before, it could be cluster migraines - so I had the worst shot I've ever had in my life. The migraine shot they gave me was thick like a gel, so it took about 5 minutes to complete the injection, which goes just under your skin, not into the muscle tissue like most shots. He also gave me a prescription for a sinus infection, in case the shot didn't clear it up.

However, by around 6pm that night, I was calling my dentist, crying! Yes, sobbing! I have the best dentist in the universe, I swear! He told me to come in at 7am the next morning, and to continue my Advil, but also take Tylenol with it. It helped some but not a lot. Wednesday night was more miserable than the one before - I got the bright idea to take Tylenol PM, which did not ease the pain (it was peaking now), but did make me feel incredibly sleepy. So I was left exhausted but unable to sleep. I got 1 hour of sleep before heading to my 7am root canal!

I felt better from the moment the Novocaine shots took effect. The root canal only took around 45 min- 1 hour. I went home, ate breakfast! (I hadn't really been eating much.) Then I went to sleep. And I slept until around 6 or 7pm last night!

Now, the exciting part! I walked into our computer room to say Hi to hubby, and noticed a wrapped package on our speaker. I was confused as to why he had the presents I already wrapped out from where I am storing them. I came to find out that it was one HE bought and wrapped. Did I want to open it or wait till Christmas?

This is what was inside that box:



OMG! Do I have the greatest hubby ever? Yes, yes I do! :)

And this morning I woke to this:






So it's an early Christmas for me! My first book purchase? The Story of Edgar Sawtelle, which is so far, extremely good!

I also got: Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea, Pride and Prejudice, as well as a sample of Maya Angelou's Letter to My Daughter, and Stephanie Meyer's The Host.

Being that I had slept all day, I stayed up until 2 am reading Edgar Sawtelle!

Today, I will finally be heading back over the the studio, to clean up a bit and start organizing projects for the retreat I'm going on next weekend. It looks to be a really good day today!

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

No comments: