Sunday, June 08, 2008

UFO Sighting

While going through and sorting/packing stuff up for the move, I came across a project that I started at the first retreat I ever went to. Which just so happened to be very shortly after I quit smoking a few years ago. (Yes, I'm still smoke free!) I was terribly sick the weekend of the retreat with a sinus/cold thing, that I believe was from quitting smoking. Anyways, it's from a book borrowed from my Mom, called "Quick and Easy Scrap Quilts", which is very ironic, since I probably started this quilt over 3 years ago, quick, yeah!

I had seen this particular quilt in a magazine who had showcased it as a month by month instruction piece. When I showed the picture to my mom, she miraculously recognized it as one from the book! Yay!

I've been enjoying working on it this weekend. The break was totally necessary, I remember that I was sick of the nine patches! But it's really nice to be working on it again now. And I can wait to get it together and start working on the borders, which will have applique on them.







Not sure if you can make it out, but the last picture is one of the birds using the bath outside my sewing window. I have to admit, I will miss the view out my big window in my sewing area of the kitchen. Maybe I will have to turn the area into a reading area once I moved to the studio.

We're facing another round of potential storms this evening. At least most of the day has been nice. Cloudy, but a great temperature, and the birds have been singing like crazy.

I still have to take all those blocks and trim them up. Apparently, my piecing skills weren't quite up to par the weekend I did them, and the nine patches aren't quite even with the hourglass ones. Ahh well, I'll set up a trimming area and watch a movie!

All in all, it was a very great weekend!

No comments: