Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Inspiration: Triple Cappuccino

It's cold. Really cold. Feels like -8 kind of cold. In a little while I have to venture out and take my car in for recall service, and I don't relish the thought of being in the cold. I keep thinking about the triple soy cappuccino I had this past Sunday. It came in a bowl. It was frothy and tasty. It was also a very adept hand warmer, as I had to use both hands to drink from the bowl.



So, I am using that bowl of cappuccino as inspiration today. I'm not sure what I will make yet, but I am going to use the colors in the photo as my color palette. Maybe something NYC related, as a nice strong coffee makes me miss the Big Apple more!

What is your inspiration today?

As an aside, I used the term Big Apple, then immediately realized I had no idea why it's called the big Apple. Turns out it's a throwback reference to horse-racing and the many venues that were in the city in the 1920s. Over time it just because synonymous with NYC, and became a widely used nickname.

To be honest, I'm not sure I like the nickname.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: