Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Great Summer Day

Went to my long arm group meeting today over in Hayward with my mom, it's a long trip, but well worth it! Also had the fortune to be able to hang out with Norma Riehm afterwards. I'm excited that quite a few of my newest pieces will be on display at the Hayward Quilt Show.

I mentioned before a project that I can't really talk about, but I was coerced into offering a snippet picture! So here it is:



I have also started hunting for frames at second hand shops, this frame looked like a window to me, so I did up a quick landscape piece for inside it. (There is a bit of sticker on the glass still, that I need to tackle with Goo Gone.) I think it turned out pretty, and believe it or not this is the only piece of my own that I have on display in my house, and I just put it up today!




I put this together awhile back, but I'm not sure what I want to do with it yet.



I just finished piecing this one yesterday, needs to be ironed though, it was in my travel bag all day! The centers are from a piece I paintsticked awhile back.



Tomorrow I will be working on the secret project again!

Have a great night!

4 comments:

Bridget473 said...

You've been busy! I really like that last piece! Beautiful!

Norma Riehm said...

You are awesome. I love the tease snippet picture. I really enjoyed our visit afterwards too. We'll have to do it again next time. I did finish the monster quilt on the machine after you left. Whew!

Janet (Cook) Hartje said...

When is the show in Hayword? Wow you are so busy.

Seesaw said...

Sounds like things are going well for you. I loved that little tease of a pictures. Also, the landscape in the frame is terrific. WD40 also works for removing sticker stuff. A little on a paper towel, rub it on and presto it's gone.
Carolyn - Kerrville, TX