Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Threadplay!

When I got into the studio this morning, I finished piecing this top together. The center main area is hand painted with dye-paints, and the circles to the right side are soy wax batik pieces I did. Went together fairly quickly.



I loaded the quilt onto the long arm frame, then had this glamorous studio lunch:


Mmmmm, yes?

Then I quilted, and I quilted, and I quilted! This is what came off the frame today:



And here are some close up shots of details:





It still needs some extras on it, for emphasis and punch..unsure of what it really needs to do that yet.

I did have an "oh crap" moment. I was doing the very small tight circles in the swirl section, but when I finished with the last block, I realized I hadn't checked the tension after changing the top thread. :( This is never a good thing to forget to do!

This is what the back looks like:

You should not see any yellow thread, but as you see, there is a lot back there. Know what that means?? It means I will be spending countless hours picking the stupid stitches out, which will be awful as it is VERY heavily quilting. *sniffle*

When I got home, my package from CreativeCrystal.com was waiting for me! It's the hotfix crystals I need to finish off my MQS piece! Yahoo! :) I will probably spend part of the night picking through the mix, for the colors that I want to use!



Now I'm off to start picking out the uh-oh stitching. I will sound like a frog all night....rippit...rippit...rippit!

3 comments:

Bridget473 said...

That quilting really makes the piece! Gorgeous! Isn't the label supposed to go exactly where the tension problem was? Hee hee! Have fun with all those sparkles!

Debra Svedberg said...

OMG Girl, you got tons done! Don't use up all that new thread in the first day!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you have to pick out all that thread. Not Mmmmmm good. Your quilting really is looking good. Love those sparkles. Carolyn in Kerrville, TX