Saturday, March 07, 2009

Nasco or Bust!

Friday afternoon, my best friend and I started our road trip down to Madison, WI. Friday night, we enjoyed the hotel pool, went out for dinner, then bought some wine and drinks from the hotel bar and brough them back to the room. We entertained ourselves, by watching a local tv station, that was showing moving violation hearings for some reason. It was surprisingly addictive! Of course I also brought one of my favorite books along, that I love to sit and drool through, The Painted Quilt.



Saturday morning, we were off to Fort Atkinson to Nasco's Arts and Crafts store. We spent at least an hour and a half there. Going through all the things in the store!

These are the items that found their way home with us:

Just a nice metallic acrylic to try, it was in the discount section!

This was an awesome find in the discount section! Dye-na-Flow in 8 oz. containers. Normally these are $9 or $10, so imagine how excited I was, when I saw them marked down to $2.50 a piece! Woohoo!

Some stencil brush assortments!

And, I got all of the rubbing plates that I have been wanting for quite awhile! There is even a puffer fish in one of the packs!



And, the goal of the trip? Safety-Kut! This is a box of the 4x6 pieces. I also got some big sheets, and some of their 25 lb scrap boxes.



I started playing with it as soon as I got home:





I can't wait to get to the studio and start using all of my new stuff.

I am feeling so good these days creatively. It seems that creative confidence can be hard to find, but once you start to feel it, it feeds itself. I don't know that I will ever be a famous artist, but as long as I can create, I am happy. And it will be a bonus if people buy my pieces now and then, (or more often if possible! lol)

So many ideas are flying around my head, so many things I want to try!

In the words of Alex and Ricky, "It's a New Day, Everyday!"

4 comments:

Debra Svedberg said...

ROAAAAAAAAAD TRIIIIIIIIIP!
How fun!
You got COOL stuff!

Bridget473 said...

What a fun trip! And what a great deal on the Dye-na-flow! Wow! Happy creating!

Janet Hartje said...

Wow you got some great bargains! I've never heard of Safety-Kut but it looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait to hear more about what you do with it.
Janet Hartje

Anonymous said...

You have some great finds there. It looks like fun times are ahead. As for being famous, you're a star in our book. Have fun. Carolyn in Kerrville, TX