Saturday, October 18, 2008

It's Sunny!

It's a beautiful sunny autumn day, and I'm pleased to say I haven't even gone outside yet! I managed to straighten up the living room, and vacuum.

I also realized this morning, that I have now passed the one month mark for the grant award announcement. They are scheduled to announce the recipients November 17-21. I'm not a highly patient person, so this is a very trying time for me. And of course I am not in the second guessing phase, is my artist statement ok? What about my proposal? Did I pick the right pieces to use as my work samples? Will they even consider me, or will I be an immediate "no pile" artist?

Of course, if I don't get it this year, I can apply again next year if they offer them again. But I can't help thinking how much the grant would help me, and how much confidence that 1/3 gallery spot would give this emerging artist!

I am currently working on a gallery/about the artist website, that will be replacing my online fabrics sales. My hand dyed fabrics are now being sold by Anilee Creations, she also has an awesome Treasure Hunt that runs often, which when you complete you have a whole mystery pattern to do for free! You will also find some of my hand painted pieces available in auction format! The next Treasure Hunt is in November, be sure to check it out!

I am off to the studio now I think, feel the need to have fabric in my hands! Have a great day!




No comments: