Friday, March 29, 2013

The Hardest Thing...


Sometimes the hardest thing, is to keep going after a rejection. Today is one of those days to test the resolve of my drive. I received my first rejection on a book proposal today. They decided not to pick up the book, but had a couple suggestions of other publishers that might. I have to lick my wounds and try again, and that is the hardest thing to do ever.

I really want to see this a finished book. A book is on my bucket list. I need this to happen.

Now I have to decide how I want to alter the proposal in hopes of "catching" another publisher. Add some more projects and maybe throw in a couple extra techniques. Also trying to decide if I want to put in more samples of the writing this time.

At least it's a busy weekend ahead to keep me distracted a bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing and talented woman who has so much to offer. Though rejection is a hard thing to have to accept, I believe it just means that there is a better option out there waiting for you. And you deserve to be appreciated for your talents and hard work and not to have to try and talk people into taking a chance on you. My hope for you, my friend, is that you find a publisher who takes that chance on you and sees how truly gifted of an artist and person you are. Hugs.