Saturday, May 12, 2012

Stuck

I have been working on a piece this week, a continuation of exploring the shoreline. Quilting is finished (I think...), and I have added the felting I planned on. A surprise was adding some angelina fibers to the roving, to get more depth and and water-like appearance.

I do like it so far, but at the moment I'm stuck. I have it hanging on the design wall to look at often as I go about the room. I don't feel yet that it's done. It isn't fully "saying" what I want it to. Something is missing...though I am not sure what that is yet. Hopefully as it hangs something will come to me? 

Despite the fact that there is so much cottonwood fluff in the air, I am going to brave going outside and head to a local lake. In need of firsthand photos and sketches of the shorelines to continue my explorations!

Perhaps I will see something that will work with the "Stuck" piece?

No comments: