Wednesday, August 17, 2011
I have been working on purging in my studio, reducing my fabrics and trying to clear things out a bit. It was through this process that I finally came up with my focus for my new series to debut at my open studio art crawl this fall. I took the purging action to my black fabrics and started discharging!
I'm not sure how I want to put them together, or how I will quilt them. I'm very excited about this series. It is a challenge to work with the colors that the discharging creates in the black fabrics.
I will likely discharge some more fabrics throughout the next week or so before I move forward to the piecing phase.