Monday, August 11, 2008

Play Day!

Well, after making myself make and sew on the binding on two quilts that have been waiting awhile, I let myself play with my new fabrics that I got at Crafty Planet. I split a half yard (making a fat quarter) of the border fabric and decided to discharge using the paste from Jacquard.



I'm pretty excited about the results! I realized that it's the first time I've used it on commercial fabrics, other than black. With a little finesse and hand quilting I think it's going to turn out pretty cool!



Then I lopped off a slice of the squid fabric, and used a small portion of it for the center of a small wall hanging. The second picture is a close up. The colors aren't very acurate, because it's dark and cloudy out today, not offering very good lighting for picture taking.

I believe I may bring the squid piece with to Pensacola, for my on the plane/in the airport activity. Who knows, I may actually do something with it too! hehe I plan on hand quilting it, with a sashiko flair.

I also did mitered borders for the firs time ever! Not sure how well you can see it, but I did it in the gold border area.




I wasn't going to bring my laptop to Florida, but the free wifi at the hotel, and the chance to blog from the ocean is too great a temptation for me! (Uhm..it can charge my phone and ipod too...) Not sure if I will be able to get into the studio tomorrow, still have some packing to do, and would like to get a little cleaning done.

I'm pretty excited too, a couple ladies from the artist's building my studio is in stopped by, and it looks like I may have one or two quilts to quilt for them! (O...M....G! Money doing quilting?? Eeek, but exciting!)

No comments: